COMMUNITY BIBLE CHURCH DOCTRINAL STATEMENT
1. We believe all Scripture (Old and New Testaments) is given by inspiration of God as the Holy Spirit guided His appointed men of old in their choice of the very words of the sacred writings; and that His divine intention extends equally and fully to all parts of these writings. They are completely inerrant in the original writings and serve as the supreme and final authority in faith and life.
2. We believe that God is a trinity, one God eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; co-equal in power and glory; identical in their essential nature, attributes, and perfection. God created all things and upholds all things by the word of His power.
3. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is the second person of the Trinity, was begotten of the Holy Spirit, was born of Mary, a virgin, and is true God and true man. He died upon the cross as a substitutionary sacrifice, and all who put their faith in Him will be justified on the ground of His shed blood. He rose from the dead according to the Scriptures, and afterward, having been given all authority in heaven and on earth, He ascended and currently reigns at the right hand of the Father as our King and great High Priest interceding for us before God.
4. We believe that the Holy Spirit is the third person of the Trinity and is sent to unify all believers into one body, the church, and to convict the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment. We believe He indwells and empowers all believers for a life of victory and service. We believe He seals the believer at the moment of salvation unto the day of redemption, transforming the believer into the image of Christ through the sanctification process.
5. We believe that God created Adam and Eve in His image, but through disobedience, they incurred both physical and spiritual death, separating themselves from God, becoming dead in trespasses and sins, and being subject to the devil’s power. Therefore, through Adam, we believe all humanity inherits this original sin and thus are born with a sinful nature that separates them from God and can only be reconciled to God through the redemptive work of the Lord Jesus Christ.
6. We believe that humanity is only reconciled to God through the atoning death of Jesus on the cross and by His resurrection are given eternal life.
7. We believe that salvation is not of works but by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone and that all who repent of their sin and receive the Lord Jesus Christ by faith are born from above by the Holy Spirit, and the evidence of this new birth will be seen in their lives.
8. We believe that all believers are baptized into the spiritual body of Christ called the Church and that Christ is the Head of the Church. We believe the Church is one body made of many parts; therefore, being members of one body, we are responsible in good conscience to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace, loving one another with a pure heart. The local church is joined together for the worship of God, edification through the Word of God, prayer, and fellowship. Jesus has commissioned the Church to go into all the world empowered by His Spirit as His witness to preach the gospel to all nations and make disciples.
9. We believe in the imminent, personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ to bring judgment and the consummation of God’s Kingdom on earth. We believe there shall be a bodily resurrection of all people, the redeemed entering into the kingdom of God for all eternity, and the lost being eternally separated from God.
10. We believe that water baptism and the Lord’s Supper are the only ordinances of the church and that they are symbolic of the believer’s identification with the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ and of His completed redemptive work.
11. We believe that human life is uniquely created by God, in His image, and for His glory. Therefore, human life is sacred from conception to its natural end. We believe every human being has value and dignity. We believe that God created humans as male and female. God designed men and women to be biologically distinct, equal in worth, and made to complement each other. God establishes the immutable sex of each individual. God designed sexual intimacy as a gift to be enjoyed by one biological man and one biological woman within the marriage covenant. God instituted monogamous marriage exclusively between one genetic male and one genetic female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. God calls unmarried individuals to a life of celibacy and married individuals to a life of monogamy as they submit to Christ.